Narnia comments, including spoilers

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 19:49:25 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

> Kyla said...

> > I tend to read them in chronological order, not publishing order,
> > but I only started doing that *after* I'd read them all the first
> > time--how *dare* they publish them in the wrong order? _The
> > Magician's Nephew_ isn't *nearly* as cool if you don't already
> > know how things are supposed to be! </rant>

> Uh...because that was the order C. S. Lewis *wrote* them in?  "The
> Magician's Nephew" is cool because *Lewis* knew how things were
> supposed to be.

Hmm. The way I read this, Kyla's question was "How dare they publish
the books in chronological order?", and Dorian's answer was "Because
they were written in the original published order."

Someone, somewhere in this conversation, has misunderstood something.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."