L'Engle - (was: Re: YotG along with other, off topic things.)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Sep 13 13:29:52 EDT 2000

Thanks to all who shared their feelings about Madeleine L'Engle!  It'll be
interesting to bear it all in mind if/when I get around to re-reading more
of her books.

Just for the record (I said this wasn't going to be an argument, and I'll
stick to it!), I heard her speak also, in Durham or Chapel Hill, NC, and
loved her.  But this was a talk in a church, and I went having read a lot
of her non-fiction work.  What she wrote about her writing, her family
_and_ her religious beliefs (among other things) I found wonderful.  It's
quite possible this has coloured my re-reading of her fiction, and made it
a lot more palatable than it might have been otherwise.

Thanks again.

Hallie