L'Engle - (was: Re: YotG along with other, off topic things.)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Sep 11 15:48:13 EDT 2000

Hallie said...

> Anyone have the time or inclination to explain what opinions or beliefs in
> L'Engle's books they disliked?

Hm.  Twasn't really the opinions/beliefs that were a problem for me.  More
the rigidity with which they were presented.  The sort of "this is right,
and nothing else is" attitude that I detected.  There was no room left for
me to form my own opinion.  My own opinion would not, in fact diverge all
*that* widely from the beliefs presented in the book; it's just that I want
to decide it for myself, not be told it, if you see what I mean.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Some there be that shadows kiss
Such have but a shadow's bliss" -W. Shakespeare