Enid Blyton with Lashings of Ginger Beer -

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Sep 11 03:59:42 EDT 2000

On 11 Sep, liril at gmx.net wrote:

> Me and my friends at school used to read lots of Enid Blyton's Boarding School
> books (my mother always complained about it, saying they were so formulaic. But
> maybe that was part of the attraction... I even had audio cassettes of them and
> used to drive my parents insane listening to them on long car trips!) And we used
> to play boarding school, with midnight parties and all that, which was "ripping
> fun". As there are hardly any boarding schools in Germany, it was all so
> fascinating. BTW, the cassettes were Hanni and Nanni, and they are by EB, and the
> Dolly Books are also by her. Not so sure about Tini and Tini, but I think they
> could also be translations...
>
> Bettina

So they were all by her? But the names made it seem so German! It
doesn't happen often that you get people's names translated...

Britta, ashamed that she didn't know all that stuff was by EB...
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,