Enid Blyton with Lashings of Ginger Beer -

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Sun Sep 10 18:01:42 EDT 2000

Me and my friends at school used to read lots of Enid Blyton's Boarding School
books (my mother always complained about it, saying they were so formulaic. But
maybe that was part of the attraction... I even had audio cassettes of them and
used to drive my parents insane listening to them on long car trips!) And we used
to play boarding school, with midnight parties and all that, which was "ripping
fun". As there are hardly any boarding schools in Germany, it was all so
fascinating. BTW, the cassettes were Hanni and Nanni, and they are by EB, and the
Dolly Books are also by her. Not so sure about Tini and Tini, but I think they
could also be translations...

Bettina