Enid Blyton with Lashings of Ginger Beer -

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Sun Sep 10 15:13:00 EDT 2000

Hi all!

Apart from all those girls' school stoties by Enid Blyton, therer are
also a few German ones - which always made me wonder, since boarding
schools are not as common here as they are in England. There's "Hanni
and Nanni", a sort of general one, and "Tina and Tini", which is more
of a detective story, "Dolly", which is really long, and one called
"Ulrike". I always wondered how the heroines could keep their names
apart... anyway, they seem like a cheap rip-off of Enid Blyton to me
now, but I read a few of them when I was younger.

So, if any of you girls' school addicted people know German ;)

And then there's the coolest story of them all: "Daddy Longlegs" by
Jean Webster, a book that influenced my first to-read list... one I
haven't finished yet (Scared of Samuel Pepys).

Britta

--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,