Boarding school books, was: YotG along with other, off topic things.

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 9 20:39:50 EDT 2000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Amaya Booker wrote:

> Having recently read all the Harry Potter books and re-read the
> Chrestomanci books I've realised I'm a real sucker for English
> boarding school novels.

Going to change your name to Millie? :)

> Can anyone recommend any other than Enid Blyton?

I'm not sure which worries me more, the fact that I can't help you
here or the fact that I'm worried that I don't know much about
boarding school stories. :)

Umm... thinkthinkthink... the one story that comes to mind is one that
I can't remember the name of, because I read it in an omnibus edition.
It may be called _Mike and Psmith_, and it's definitely by
P. G. Wodehouse.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."