YotG along with other, off topic things.

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Sep 9 07:25:54 EDT 2000

Paul's (snipped) description of Enid Blyton's books:

>*phew*
>
>And I've probably missed something important.

Not sure I'd use the word important in the same sentence with Enid Blyton
_too_ hastily, but - given the Harry Potter phenomenon, it's probably worth
mentioning the boarding school books.  I read EB's boarding school series,
along with the other famous ones (by Angela Brazil?), and can't remember a
single thing about them.  May well be indicative of something other than
just my great age and poor memory. ;)

FWIW, I wasn't allowed read the Noddy books.  I think in retrospect that my
mother may have heard about the nasty racist elements in the adventure
series and confused those with Noddy.  But I don't know for sure as I still
haven't read them.  The girls picked up one or two EBs from the school
library and neither showed the least interest in reading any more.

Hallie.