Off Topic more Hary Potter Censorship Stuff

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Sep 1 15:40:41 EDT 2000

Ven moaned...

> I've just watched an episode of NYPD Blue featuring two English
> detectives. Its the one where a British serial killer has slipped
> through the net over here and gone to New York to pursue his
> nasty activiites. Anyhow , although the accents were done OK they
> had them using jargon that no Brits would use.

<rest snipped for space's sake>

Have you watched "Angel" at all?  In the first half of the (first) series,
there was a very cool character called Doyle, who is/was Irish.  Judging by
the accent and the name, the actor was a native Dubliner (I've yet to come
across an American who can do *any* convincing Irish accent...I cringe when
David Boreanaz does flashback scenes).  Anyway, same problem.  The
scriptwriters obviously took *some* advice, but every so often, Doyle would
say something (in his Dublin accent) that was just SO American!  It really
jarred.  (And then the bastard scriptwriters/producers/whatever went and
killed Doyle!  Grrrrrrrr.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Some there be that shadows kiss
Such have but a shadow's bliss" -W. Shakespeare