Lois McMasters Bujold

Robyn Starkey robyns at corplink.com.au
Fri Sep 1 04:45:12 EDT 2000

>Favourite character after the dwarf himself and Zap the cat goes to
>Ivan. I love the way he makes everyone underestimate him. he's a
>slitherer outer like Howl. I think of him as Miles' control -- the usual
>kind of young Vor.

I like Ivan too (the comparison with Howl is excellent) because he is not
as dumb as he makes out. Glad to see that someone else is of this opinion,
everyone on the Bujold list just thinks he is an idiot pure and simple.
Though how they can, when the rest of Bujold is anything but just what it
seems is beyond me.

Robyn