dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #239

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 02:42:03 EST 2000

Lizzie - I saw parts of the showtime "Devil's Arithmetic". I suppose it was
alright, but I have a basic problem with holocaust fantasy. There was
nothing particularly objectionable in the movie that I can point too, but it
unnerved me nonetheless. I think some of the real testimonies I've heard are
so unbelievable that no one could have made them up, and thinking of them in
the context of fantasy feels like an injustice. I can't explain why. Truth
is sometimes stranger than fiction, so that fiction can dull the edge of
truth, I suppose.