Weaknesses (ON-TOPIC) (for once)

kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au
Tue Oct 31 01:16:38 EST 2000

>Then there's Cat.  What precisely is Cat's weakness?  (I'm playing a
>little dumb in this post, btw--I'm not really quite this bad)
>Is it the
>matches?  They don't function in the same way that
>Chrestomanci's silver
>allergy does.  As near as I can tell, they don't really do much of
>anything except kill Cat when they're lit and reflect his life
>status--they don't protect his lives (until Chrestomanci locks
>them away),
>they don't affect his magic.

>From what I can remember (it's been too long since I read _Charmed Life_)
it was definitely implied that the matches were the weakness.  I've just
been thinking about why.

I think it's because they have trapped his lives in a form where killing him
is as easy as lighting a match.  Whenever Christopher got killed it had to
be physically - his lives weren't in a form anyone could get at.  Anyone who
had the matches had a hold over him.

Also it might have been that having the lives in the matches allowed
Gwendolyn to use Cat's magic?  I can't remember precisely.  I know she used
one of the lives when she put them in the matches which had the side effect
of giving Cat cramps.

Byeeeee,
Kylie

This email message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is
strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information contained therein.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your Inbox.