Robert Jordan -- a cast of thousands in search of an ending?

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 20:35:04 EDT 2000

I've become a bit disenchanted with the Wheel of Time series or ,
at any rate, with the apparent reluctance, or whatever it is, of
Robert Jordan to finish the damn thing. Eight books and the huge
cast of characters are still chasing each other over the landscape
without coming within sniffing distance of a conclusion..".  Pretty
soon the characters will have all the plot coupons and no address
to send them to........ As my friend Big Martin says "Has Jordan
lost the plot? Literally.".

That aside Jordan has created a pleasingly diverse fantasy land .
He's put thought into the creation of his villains as well as his
heroes (ie the Whitecloaks, who mostly think they are motivated
by good),. And its a cracking good read.

                                           Ven.