dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #238

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Sat Oct 28 13:30:04 EDT 2000

Hallie said:

Oh - good idea!  Now that we've finally read Dogsbody.  Thank heavens for
all these re-printings!

I know exactly what you mean.  I recently realized that I hadn't read Wild
Robert--I had somehow mixed it up with Everard's Ride (don't ask me--maybe
it's because isn't there a robert in the title story?  Hmm.  That was an
interesting sentence).  So now I'm waiting for January 2, 2001, because
out of all four library systems I've got access to, not one has Wild
Robert (though one does have an old copy of Magicians of
Caprona.  Sometimes when I remember what I went through trying to find
that book I almost get mad at the reprints--they made it too
easy.  Before, having a collection of DWJ meant dedication.  Now all it
means is that you're good at buying from amazon.co.uk.  But I think I'll
survive).

lizzie