YotG - UK Availability (not a hint of a spoiler)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 07:11:49 EDT 2000

Hallie:

> I got on the phone to the Victor Gollancz office this morning, to find out
> what on earth was happening with the hardcover YotG.  It was actually
> released on the 19th, but sold out immediately (YAY!).  Anyway, it's being
> reprinted, but they've no date for that yet.  However, there are plenty of
> copies available for mail order purchase from their own supplier.  That
> number, in case anyone was holding out for the HB, is:
> 01903 828800  (0044 1903 from outside the UK)

Very diligent of you.  Dell wone!

My Papa just phoned to say that his copy has arrived from Amazon.  He ordered it
yesterday evening at about 6pm, I think.

I ordered mine 3 months ago, and it still hasn't arrived yet.  I have long being
resigned to paying a little bit more for my books, because I support my local
bookshop, which is run by people I know (and who go to the same church as I).
But this sort of poor service from publishers and/or wholesalers just gets up my
nose.  It is going to drive the small shops out of business, and quite frankly I
intend to raise a stink (pun intended).

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

PowerGen Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message.
PowerGen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

PowerGen UK plc Registered Office: 53 New Broad Street London EC2M 1SL
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970