Briar Rose

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Oct 27 06:20:36 EDT 2000

Becca had heard of Briar Rose (by Jane Yolen), and wanted to read it
because the main character was named Becca (WAY cool!).  I picked it up
yesterday, and finished it last night - despite being in the middle of A
Civil Campaign.  Is there higher possible testimony?

It's an interweaving of Sleeping Beauty and a Holocaust story, which
sounded odd, but works extremely well, IMO.  I liked the way the fairy tale
was changed and twisted, rather in the way DWJ did with Tam Lin, almost.
Anyone else read it and have any reactions to share?

Hallie.