Multiverses

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Oct 26 00:50:53 EDT 2000

Books with multiverses:

Diane Duane has them in both the Wizardry series and the Door series, and
I like those multiverses, with fun stuff like evil NYC and Timeheart in
the former.

Speaking of Robert Jordan, one of the scenes he has written that I enjoyed
the most happens when people, trying to use the stones that connect the
different universes, get caught up seeing versions of their lives in an
infinite number of different multiverses.

Dave Duncan has written two world-hop series which explicitly take place
in multiverses, although only Earth and one other universe show up - the
Seventh Sword trilogy, which I mentioned earlier, has a fun twist on what
you would expect of another universe, whereas the Great Game trilogy
suggests that people gain interesting powers of charisma when they travel
to a different multiverse - and besides, he being my other favorite
author, I always like to take whatever opportunity to recommend him
springs up :).

And my favorite television multiverse is of course the one in Red Dwarf -
the most appealing universe they travel too being of course the Sdrawkcab
universe, to reference another thread ;-).

						---Kyra

". . . but anyone who can take Dutch and make it not-Dutch deserves an
honored place in society."

					---Dick Teresi, NYTBR 10-22-00