Gili's terrible day

Philip.Belben at pgen.com Philip.Belben at pgen.com
Tue Oct 24 12:30:21 EDT 2000

Ros, quoting Gili:

>> Two terrible things have happened.
>>
>> A. The post-office closed for the weekend 20 minutes before I received
>> notification that my copy of "Year of the Griffin" is waiting for me. I
>> have a whole lovely weekend with nothing to do... but no access to the
>> book! WAAAAH! I was *supposed* to be on time for my birthday (Oct. 19)
>> but it wasn't! Double WAAAH!
>
> You have my sympathies!
>
> FWIW, my birthday is also OCt. 19, and I finally picked up my copy of _Year
> of the Griffin_today, two days later!

I walked into the bookshop on Saturday morning, and Steve (recently started work
there, but I know him from Church) turned round and said "Hello Philip.  One of
your two books has come in!"

Well, I'm sure "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie is a
fascinating book - I wouldn't have ordered it else! - but it was a bit of a
let-down on such an auspicious day :-(  I hope YotG has arrived by next week end
or I'll go mad!

> Happy birthday, and happy reading when you get hold of it....

Well, yes, that too, of course.

Philip.

Disclaimer notice:
prohibited.