names

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Oct 24 05:05:16 EDT 2000

I was just reminded of an unusual name.  I knew an Elf once - er, I mean, I
knew a person named Elf!  He was from Wales, but I'm not sure how common
the name is there.  I quite liked it, but it's not a name you'd be likely
to give to a character.  Unless you gave it to a dwarf or something, and
had another character wondering what on earth his parents were thinking of.
:)

I saw the name on the rec.arts.sf.written newsgroup, where <gulp> Bujold
was posting.  Very eloquently arguing against dismissing romance as a
genre, and mentioning G Heyer and all.  (This was not in the "A Civil
Campaign, does it get any less boring?" thread, btw.  Yikes!)

Hallie.