[Re: Tannahill Weavers (back on-topic)]

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Tue Oct 24 02:05:23 EDT 2000

hallieod at indigo.ie (Hallie O'Donovan) wrote:

Great!!  I wouldn't go so far as to say I _recommended_ Tannahill Weavers,
but when Elise said Dead Can Dance felt like DWJ music to her, I said that
the Unicorn Set on TW's Capernaum felt very Cart & Cwidderish to me.

I'll have to look for Alchemy.  I would be too chicken to make a musical
recommendation cold, but if you like TW, Becca and I both think you
_might_want to check out Altan or Capercaillie.  (I think you can hear both on
the
Green Linnet site.)

I would usually shy away from blind recommendations also (all I had going for
the Weavers was this list and hearing one song off Napster, and I am quite
stingy with my money--except when it comes to books!  [sorry about the overly
complex sentence, which I am not improving with this comment.]), but I've
gotten such fabulous recs from this list.  I am quite willing to try anything
a DWJ fan suggests!  That blind faith of mine...

I will definitely give those other two a shot.

Thanks-
Sarah

And by the by, I am technically against this Napster business--I usually only
download old eighties music from defunct groups...otherwise I feel guilty.