more names

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 21 10:40:35 EDT 2000

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Ven wrote:

> My role playing group set up a couple of games with some Finnish
> borrowings.

I've played in a role-playing game where there was a town where the
local dialect was Finnish - all the names were from the Finnish
dictionary. There were town guards called "Sausage" and "Bacon", a
pub called "The Little Rooster" (Kukkopoikanen, I think), a druid
called Vadelmat "Raspberries", and so on. I started a new character
who came from there (the previous one had been killed), called Talvi
("Winter"). I stil think it's a beautiful name, and I've borrowed it
as a name in the world I'm creating (though it's just a name there
and doesn't mean anything in particular).

   Irina