dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #236

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Fri Oct 20 13:54:16 EDT 2000

on 20.10.2000 18:43, Gili Bar-Hillel at abhillel at hotmail.com wrote:

> A. The post-office closed for the weekend 20 minutes before I received
> notification that my copy of "Year of the Griffin" is waiting for me. I have
> a whole lovely weekend with nothing to do... but no access to the book!
> WAAAAH! I was *supposed* to be on time for my birthday (Oct. 19) but it
> wasn't! Double WAAAH!

I had better luck (and am ecstatic about it). For the record, I have never
received a book this fast from Amazon UK: I had the
the-book's-been-sent-to-you e-mail on Wednesday and then the book arrived in
my mailbox today (I didn't even have to go to the post office, as I usually
have to do with Amazon's packages!!!).

Now I'm happily reading first through Dark Lord of Derkholm and after that
The Year of the Griffin. I'll just have to save the messages on that (none
of which have appeared yet) until after I've read it.

Joyously,
Tarja

p.s. There will be a Finnish translation of DLoD published next Autumn and
possibly also of the YotG after I've read it -will have to recommend it to
that friend of mine who works for a publishing company ;-).