Mitt and Maewen

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 05:05:53 EDT 2000

er, no. Another thing to ask (Have you read _Till We Have Faces_?, what's
this about Tanaqui's illiteracy? - & send the baby pics of Tanaqui Meyer if
I have them by then -, what's Isobel's surname now? are the publishers
causing
you to appear in London or Oxford on this promotional tour?)
TWhF is my favourite book by C.S. Lewis. It's extraordinarily free of
Christian
cant, and quite beautiful. I wouldn't dare ask DWJ, but for the fact that
I know she didn't know there was a fifth book after the main four of TH
White's _Sword in the Stone_ set... it's a recapitulation of #1, but that
is part of the point of some mediaeval fantasy - circling texts. I had the
pleasure of supplying her with a copy at the doomed signing of _Deep
Secret_.
Tanaqui

Oh, I see- on reading this more calmly, this was on the *last* lot of
promotional tours. /Blush/ Swearing retracted.
Jennifer