More names

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Oct 17 13:39:22 EDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Tarja Rainio wrote:
> send you some Finnish names as well. Here's just a random selection picked
> from my calendar.
Is is a Scandinavian thing to have names on the calendars? The calendars
in Sweden also have names on them, which makes it pretty easy to tell when
one's name day is (which they celebrate as well as birthdays). Two more
random things: one of my favorite Swedish names is Kaisa, and if a Swede
saw my name without hearing it, he or she would pronounce it
"shee-la," which means something like "chilly."