More names

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Tue Oct 17 12:25:33 EDT 2000

Several people have contributed all kinds of names, so I thought I would
send you some Finnish names as well. Here's just a random selection picked
from my calendar. You can figure out how they are pronounced =) (I tried to
pick ones that might not prove *too* difficult to English speakers). One
hint is, that j is always pronounced like the beginning sound in young, i.e.
Finnish j is equivalent to English y.

Women:
Rauni, Sari, Silva, Erja, Eira, Mervi, Pinja, Else, Senja, Auri, Vuokko,
Viivi, Vieno, Janika, Janita, Heli, Laila

Men:
Aaro, Turo, Lari, Olli, Lauri, Lasse, Miro, Kuisma, Vesa, Severi, Aimo,
Atte, Sampsa, Karri, Sulo, Jorma, Jarmo

Best,
Tarja

p.s. I'm sorry if this comes to you twice. My ISP's mail server seems to be
having some problems.