Names (gill)

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Mon Oct 16 10:54:26 EDT 2000

>> like fish gills, but at least I say it aloud jill.
>I should be grateful for small mercies.<g>
>
>Gill

My current heroine is called Jilly! She's a rewrite, first created 4 years
ago, but just sold (the novel, not the girl!) last month. It's weird,
because I modelled Jilly's appearance on my daughter's at the time of
writing, and now Jilly is still 12 while Tegan is 16.  Takes me back to the
time *before* the five earrings, one eyebrow ring and two tattoos.....

Appropos of which - my James is turning 20 on 17th October (that's today or
tomorrow, depending on where you are). He's been away (in the RAAF) for
nearly 2 years and just today I found a scrap of paper covered with his
handwriting... some kind of mathematical formulae, I think. I keep thinking
he ought to be here, somewhere... maybe in the next room.

Now I'm getting mawdlin and I haven't even been drinking.

Sallyo.