various off-topic things

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Mon Oct 16 02:02:39 EDT 2000

+ Relax.  Many of us are just as ignorant about aspects of US life.  (I spend
+ a lot of my time on another list badgering the inmates with questions about
+ how this that or the other works in their society.)

+ Dorian.

Having spent a few emails discussing the school systems, I wouldn't have been
able to say Helena Bonham-Carter's line in _Fight Club_ with such blissful
lack of awareness. She had no idea that grade school was much earlier than our
secondary level. Mind you, she managed the alternative line with some aplomb.

Tanaqui, fiddling with the extra-stuff DVD of the _Fight Club_ boxed set.