Heroine Sally

Elizabeth Parks iagosaint at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 19:57:02 EDT 2000

While we're (sort of) on the topics of who's got a
great fictional person sharing their name, I have to
plug my very favorite fictional Sally.  There's a book
by Judy Blume called "Starring Sally J. Friedman as
Herself" that I've probably read about three million
and fifty two times since the first time I read it
when I was seven.  And I've gotten it out of the
library every time. . . huh.  I should probably buy
it.  I'll just go add it to my sixteen page long wish
list at Amazon. . . .   Anyway, the book is set in
post WW2 New Jersey and Florida, and I reccomend it.

lizzie

=====
Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

      --Eugene McCarthy