Names

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Oct 14 09:24:33 EDT 2000

>I couldn't resist mentioning that the list does have a Laurel, albeit a fairly
>silent one.  I am usually too far behind in my email to post, but have enjoyed
>reading every message since I joined.  (Becca's To Say Nothing Of The Dog post
>nearly made me fall out of my chair with laughter.)  And on the subject of
>finding your own name in a book, Fire and Hemlock is still one of my favorite
>books in the world, despite the fact that Laurel gets rather a bad rap.

Oh, I wouldn't let being behind stop you from posting.  We've certainly
done Names before, and Food comes most regularly, not to mention all the
go-rounds on Fire and Hemlock.  As I'm sure you've noticed.  So you should
just jump in on anything, and tell yourself you're at the forefront of a
new wave, rather than lagging behind an old one!

>Kyra Jucovy wrote:
>
>>  Sdrawkcab is probably the language I'm
>> most fluent in next to English, given that one just has to learn a
>> different lexicon and not a whole new grammar ;-).
>
>Have you read _The Book of Atrix Wolfe_ by Patricia McKillip?  A
>fascinating (and
>scary) use of  sdrawkcab.

Oh yes.  Like that one a lot.  It was a bit tricky reading out loud though,
as I'm not at all speedy in sdrawkcab.

I think Laurel's a lovely name, btw.

Hallie.