Names

Laurel Lamme lalamme at ufl.edu
Sat Oct 14 01:37:30 EDT 2000

Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I was thinking that it was odd we seemed to have nobody with major DWJ
> names - no Toms, Sophies, Pollys, Christophers, but then someone mentioned
> TotG and I remembered Sally.  Duh.  Also Kathleen from Dogsbody, of course.
> I'm expecting part of my brain to return any day now...

I couldn't resist mentioning that the list does have a Laurel, albeit a fairly
silent one.  I am usually too far behind in my email to post, but have enjoyed
reading every message since I joined.  (Becca's To Say Nothing Of The Dog post
nearly made me fall out of my chair with laughter.)  And on the subject of
finding your own name in a book, Fire and Hemlock is still one of my favorite
books in the world, despite the fact that Laurel gets rather a bad rap.

Kyra Jucovy wrote:

>  Sdrawkcab is probably the language I'm
> most fluent in next to English, given that one just has to learn a
> different lexicon and not a whole new grammar ;-).

Have you read _The Book of Atrix Wolfe_ by Patricia McKillip?  A fascinating (and
scary) use of  sdrawkcab.

Laurel