Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Oct 13 14:56:01 EDT 2000

                "Look here! I've an idea we've been working this thing from
the wrong end."
                                      --Lord Peter Whimsy

                                Chapter One

A Letter--A Message from the Other Side!--I Explain it All--A Swoon, Not
Mrs Merring This Time--A Swoon Involving Keyboards--Exclamation Marks--More
Exclamation Marks--Penwipers and Jumble Sales--I am Fairly WEAK with
Horror--I Beg Everyone's Forgiveness--The End.

My dearest darling Paul,

Words cannot properly *express* how UNHAPPY I was when I read your letter!!
I believe Fate has led me to this list so I can spread the knowledge of my
dearums dearums booksie. HOW can you not have liked it? I feel this is a
Message From the Other Side!! You see, you must read this lovely sweet book
to understand what poor pwecious Webecca is going on about!! When I read
your letter this afternoon I *swooned* at your mention of my poor dearums
booksy going Unread and Unloved All This TIME!! If you only read a few
chapters, you *won't* have met my lovely wovely Cyril and my dearums
dearums JuJu (or Tossie, for that matter) and you won't at all have
Realised What It Means. If you have not read this book, *how* can you
understand about Penwipers or Jumble Sales?? My dearest Paulums, I am
fairly *weak* with horror!! I am terribly plagued with guilt that I have
not before led you to finish this Absolutely Wonderful Novel. Will anyone
*ever* forgive me??
Your distraut
Becsie.

(PS: You will have to finish the book to understand half (no, really
9/10ths) of what I'm saying, so hah! to you and your infernal non-To Say
Nothing of the Dog-ness! Either I've made you very curious or I've bput you
off reading Connie Willis forever. Only time will tell.)

(PPS: I'm terribly sorry, but there is no way to underline on this
computer, otherwise I would have underlined things. Very much. Oh yes.)