Names (gill)

the big el. iagosaint at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 01:04:19 EDT 2000

But
> who's ever heard of a Gill or Gillian as a heroine?
>
> Gill

Umm.  I have to say that only one thing comes to
mind--Gil(bert) Blythe, Anne of Green Gables' husband.
 Maybe that's why Americans have trouble with your
name sometimes, because that's one of the few times
we've seen the name Gil/Gill.  Though I think that
people have become a bit better about that since
Gillian Anderson rolled around.  I still think it gill
like fish gills, but at least I say it aloud jill.

lizzie

=====
I'm a truckin' redneck and I just refuse to die I was built big and strong on the state's best apple pie
I'm better than them limey pin-heads in Europe-y
12 gauge in their back, hell would stop their mopin'
I'm a truckin' red stop and I...just refuse to die
You're American...you're never gonna die!

          --graham coxon for aj