dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #230 - names

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 23:25:58 EDT 2000

Well, I think that there are about 50 people on-line in the entire world who
spell their name the way that I do, and I've gotten mis-directed email
intended for most of them!

In Israel, some people spell their name as I do, and there is an author of
children's books named "Devra", but it is still VERY disconcerting to see
"MY" name someplace where I know it's not me.  And my name, by the way, means
"Queen Bee" because my middle name is Michele=Malka, queen in Hebrew.  Of
course, my mother WANTED (until restrained by relatives) to call me "Michele
Dierdre"... But then, she hated her mother-in-law (Dora) and wanted to get as
far as possible from the name..

Going off to reread the end of "Griffin"...and I have three more copies that
I'm going to sell at conventions.  (I'm so mean)
Devra the baker and bookseller

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com