Names

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
Wed Oct 11 20:43:23 EDT 2000

>> > Way back in primary school my friends and I went through a stage of
>calling
>> > each other by our names spelt backwards.  I was Eilyk Gnid and my best
>> > friend was Nyl Mil.  It doesn't work quite so well for longer names!
>
>> Oh, I disagree. My second-grade best friend (as in when I was about 7) was
>> named Katherine, and Enirehtak is a *great* name, and I always liked it
>> much better than "Alyk."

When writing stories I always come up with my best names by other names
backward.  My favorite: Aliera (Ariela, backward).  It doesn't work so good
with short names (backward my two current closest friends are J and Z')
I've never seen this work with male names though, although a friend had a
boyfreind called Neb.

Rebecca D.  Ganetzky