Names & Libby on Wednesday

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Oct 11 14:21:02 EDT 2000

Laurie said...

> I read "The Lady's Not for Burning" because of _Tam Lin_.

So did I!  Damn good play, too; I'd love to see it.

> I should  go dig out the list I made from Fire & Hemlock and get
> started on those.

Yes, there are several in the books that Tom gives Polly that I haven't
read, and some of them sound *wonderful*!

> And speaking of those fun times at school when real names were revealed to
> much hilarity, at my high school graduation we discovered one of the
> football players' middle name was Josephus, allegedly a scholar and
> historian of the early Cathoic Church.

Josephus was a Jewish historian who lived somewhere around the time of
Christ (slightly after, I think, in fact - but only by about 50 years or
so).  His (surviving) writings are almost all the record we have of what was
going on in Galilee then.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.