Names

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 11 01:41:56 EDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Kyra Jucovy wrote:

> Sdrawkcab is probably the language I'm most fluent in next to
> English, given that one just has to learn a different lexicon and
> not a whole new grammar ;-).

My favourite invented language is "Dogg", which is another language
where only the words are different. The tricky thing about it is that
all the words are real words in English, as well.

For instance:
"Very true" is a perfectly understandable phrase in Dogg; it
translates, more or less, as "This needs salt".
"Afternoon, squire" is another perfectly understandable phrase in
Dogg; but I'm not going to translate it, because it's quite rude. :)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."