Names

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Oct 10 21:35:01 EDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au wrote:
> Way back in primary school my friends and I went through a stage of calling
> each other by our names spelt backwards.  I was Eilyk Gnid and my best
> friend was Nyl Mil.  It doesn't work quite so well for longer names!
Oh, I disagree. My second-grade best friend (as in when I was about 7) was
named Katherine, and Enirehtak is a *great* name, and I always liked it
much better than "Alyk." One of my friends now has the wonderfully
piratical backwards name of Enrobso Enirehtac. I don't think I lucked out
in the backwards name department--my last name seems to be pronounced
"mean rot" backwards!