Names

kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au
Tue Oct 10 21:18:43 EDT 2000

Two of my favourite real, unusual, but not so unusual to be weird, names are
Jake Peacock (sounds very piratical, doesn't it?) and Nelson Gallash.

My first name, Kylie, I've never seen as a character in a book.  I think
it's just too heavily Australian.

>My last name, Self, is quite weird, and ripe for plenty of lame jokes

You think you have problems!  My maiden name was Ding!  And I've heard _all_
the jokes!

My married name is Preisig, which is of Swiss German origin.  I went from a
name that no-one can believe to a name that no-one can pronounce or spell.

Having just broken up with my husband I now have the dilemma of whether to
keep the surname or go back to the old one.  Maybe I'll just make up a new
one altogether!  Or offers of marriage from a guy with a nice, ordinary
surname will be considered :)

Way back in primary school my friends and I went through a stage of calling
each other by our names spelt backwards.  I was Eilyk Gnid and my best
friend was Nyl Mil.  It doesn't work quite so well for longer names!

As a legacy of that I had a private bet with myself that there would be a
character called Anne Smith in "Enna Hittims".  And I won!

Byeeeee,
Kylie

This email message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is
strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information contained therein.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your Inbox.