Names, names, names

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Oct 10 16:04:11 EDT 2000

Laurie said...

> Anyone see the movie "Heathers" with Christian Slater and Winona Ryder?
> That movie forever defined the name "Heather" for me.

What a great movie!  There was, in fact, a "Heather" in my class in primary
school (I've a vague notion she was dark and plump), but like you, I cannot
now hear the naem without thinking of that movie.  "Laura", on the other
hand, makes me think of the 80s singer Laura Branigan.

> I sympathize.  Imagine the last name "Puszczewicz"  How would you
> pronounce that?

I'm inclined to think PUSH-keh-vitch.  But I know nothing about Polish, and
am probably dead wrong.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.