Books and messages

lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu
Tue Oct 10 15:47:24 EDT 2000

Do you ever get the feeling that the book you've chosen at random has an
important message for you and it was essential for you to read that book
at that time in order to get and appreciate the message?  I've had this
experience a lot lately.  The books I've been choosing to read
seemingly at random, with no conscious agenda but entertainment have
seemed to point out important things in my life that I haven't been
noticing (either consciously or unconsciously) and tell me things that I
haven't wanted to hear.  It's an odd experience.  I wonder if I notice the
messages more because I've been wrestling with things lately or if they
really are there that strongly.  Of course, one interprest a book through
one's subjective perspective, and different ideas float to the surface and
take positions of more importance at different times of one's life.  I
know two people can read the same book and have completely different
reactions to it, but still.  I've been getting the feeling more
strongly lately.

Laurie