the name Nigella

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 14:07:40 EDT 2000

Jennifer wrote about Nigella Lawson's name viz her parent's
apparent desire for a boy and Mary Ann replied

> Perhaps she was named for the annual flower, also called Love-in-a-mist? (On
> the other hand, that might make her blue, as many of that species and its
> cultivars are....)

Mary Ann, as an economist, I guess you know who Nigel Lawson
is but for the benefit of non UK listers he's a former Tory Chancellor
of the exchequer (turn her blue indeed). Nigella has at least one
brother (Domenic) so I'm not sure she was "supposed " to be a
boy. Perhaps they were non sexistly calling their girl after her Dad
rather than reserving it for a boy!
                                           Ven.