Witch and Wombat, was RE: Names was re YotG

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Oct 9 14:56:12 EDT 2000

Jennifer said...

> Someone mentioned Annie Dalton

That was me!

> - one of her books (can't remember the title)
> reminded me of The Changeover (by Margaret Mahy, not dwj!) while I was
> reading it. The main plot is "girl becomes witch to save her young
brother,
> helped by gorgeous male witch".

Probably "Out of the Ordinary", a wonderful, slightly punning title.  But
the kid she's trying to save is actually from another, magical world, and is
only her foster-brother.

I'd never thought of it before, but you're right, they are similar plots.  I
love both books, and as you say, despite the similar plots, they're very,
very different.

(And tying this into the "names" thread, the "gorgeous male witch" character
in OotO is called Icarus, which I think is great.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.