Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Mon Oct 9 10:37:43 EDT 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:23:04 +0100 , Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>And the girls' names that are really boys' names- Georgina (my grandmother
>went with Gee, my friend is Nina), Paulette- unfair, really. The very worst
>is Nigella Lawson- she bears up well, but how much does that scream "we
>wanted a boy"? No good abbreviation for that, either.

Utah is home to a LOT of strange names, particularly femininized male names
that begin with La- (LaVyrl, LaDean, etc.).  My favorite is a fictional
name, Floydene, but there's probably some real woman out there with that
name too.  There was a web site about this, but I can't remember the URL.
Just so we can veer further off topic....

Melissa Proffitt