Car travel (was: Re: Wild Robert)

Mon Oct 9 10:31:54 EDT 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:54:24 +0100 , Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>Melissa said:
>  We are told the best way to make long trips is to
>bring along a combination TV/VCR unit and a bunch of video tapes.
>
>Sounds like a recipie for carsickness- wouldn't looking at a screen lead to
>a mismatch between eye and inner-ear information just as badly as reading
>does? Or does its being a large van make it bearable, like [or do I mean
>"as"]it is on a coach?

I know several families who do this for long trips.  None of them complain
of carsickness.  But it's possible that none of them are prone to it in the
first place, so I don't know for sure.  I've never had problems reading in
the car myself.  But the big van does make a difference in other ways: lots
of head and leg room, big windows, etc.

Melissa Proffitt