Wild Robert

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 9 09:31:29 EDT 2000

At 05:46  09-10-00 +0800, you wrote:

> > > I'd say no. Looks more like (umm, wossname, Tony Ross?) than
> > > Quentin Blake to me; and in any case my first guess would be that
> > > it's by the person who did the internal illustrations.
> >
> > I think it is Quentin Blake.  It sounds like the edition I have (I
> > can't check - I have no web access at work and the book is at home)
> > and I'm pretty sure that was Quentin Blake.  He does very
> > distinctive noses.
>
>Which is precisely why I said I didn't think it was Quentin Blake. :)

It doesn't look like QB to me either, so I assume the Emma Chichester Clark
whose name is on tbe back cover. Oh, I suppose I could go upstairs and
check....... Mine (a pb, but with the same cover as the one on the web)
says cover illustration by Emma Chichester Clark, and Illustrations (c)
1989 by Emma Chichester Clark.

Anita