Names

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Mon Oct 9 05:56:48 EDT 2000

Of course,
>Greek people say, "Excellent, good Greek name".

It means "golden" or some such, doesn't it?  I know someone whose son is
called Xavier. I'd say that one "Zave - ee - er" but she says "Ix - aeve -
ee- er". Is she right, or am I? I didn't call her on it, since I assumed
she'd know her own son's name... however, I did say wasn't there a saint by
that name and she didn't know, so maybe I'm not wrong...

Mind you, we've been told we mispronounce our daughter's name!

Sallyo.