Names

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sun Oct 8 22:44:41 EDT 2000

>Apart from the obvious one -- the role model I've done my hardest
>to escape! -- I can't think of any significant fictional Wendys. (note
>for thiose who have joined more recently than me Wendy is the
>name on my birth certificate).

Well, Ven, you could translate your name to "Wanda" or to "Win" if you
chose. "Win" means "friend" and so does Wendy in some books. "Wanda" could
be either wand or wander, which is also an alternative meaning for Wendy.

Sallyo - whose name translates to Princess (from Hebrew Sarah - to Sally)
Noble (from Latin Patrician to Patricia) Wealthspear (from old German/old
English Od-gers to Odgers)!