Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Oct 7 16:38:51 EDT 2000

Ros asked...

> Dorian wrote:
>
> > Until the sky falls on our heads...
> >
> > Dorian. (whose name does appear in a rather famous book...)
> > --
> > Dorian E. Gray
>
> Dorian, I hope you don't mind my asking--but is Dorian Gray really your
> name?

If I minded, I would have gone mad several years ago. :-)

It all depends on how you define "real".  It is not the name on my birth
certificate, or my passport, or my bank accounts...  It is the name that
everyone (except family and others who have known me since I was knee-high
to a cabbage bush) calls me by, for about the last 11 years.  It feels more
"real" to me than the birth-cert one.  When I can afford it, I will make it
legal.

israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.