Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Sat Oct 7 14:28:14 EDT 2000

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 01:10:49 -0400 (EDT), Kyla Tornheim wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>>  (I also should mention that I plan to steal
>> Kyla Tornheim's name for a fictional character just as soon as I get around
>> to it.  You have been warned.)

>ooh! really? cool! what a compliment! :^) But isn't that illegal, or
>something? also, the only Tornheims in the US (and maybe anywhere else, I
>dunno if there *are* any) are related to me (and there aren't that many
>of us), so they might notice. Or think it's neat. Or something.

I think it would be illegal if the character in question were represented as
actually *being* you.  But it's not impossible for me (supposing I didn't
know you) to come up with that name just at random.  It's not your fault you
have a perfect name:

1. It scans.
2. The first and last names sound like they go together, i.e. from the same
language or culture.  Not that they necessarily do, but it sounds that way.

I think it's cool.  :)

Melissa Proffitt