Names (was: Re: YotG - wee bittie spoilers)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Oct 6 14:27:43 EDT 2000

Philip said...

> Oh dear, poor Melissa.  I've just been reading "The Corinthian" by Heyer.
> don't think much of the Melissa in that book, I must admit...
>
> Talking of Heyer, though, I once did a quick survey of her historical
novels.
> Her heroines' names are I think all unique, but for heroes, there are
three
> called John, two each called Philip and Charles, and one and a half called
> Anthony (Lord Sheringham has to share the honours with Sir Tony Fanshawe,
even
> though the latter is only second hero to Robin Tremaine)

On the other hand, she uses Fanny quite a lot for secondary female
characters; there are (blonde, fluffy) Fannys in "These Old Shades", "The
Black Sheep" and "Bath Tangle", that I can recall off the top of my head.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian. (whose name does appear in a rather famous book...)
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

No, I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere.